Packaging Solutions for Seafood
Fish boxes designed specifically for fresh or frozen seafood; A 100% recyclable, eco-friendly replacement for styrofoam and waxed cardboard packaging.
CoolSeal USA is the only manufacturer and supplier that offers a cost effective, completely recyclable alternative to the seafood shipping standards that have been used in the fishing industry for years.
We have proven solutions for shipping seafood that replace Styrofoam and waxed corrugated boxes. Our fish boxes were developed and implemented throughout Europe over 20 years ago and are produced in the United States for the North American market by CoolSeal USA.
Companies that choose to use our boxes should realize efficiencies immediately in a number of ways:
- Space Savings: Our boxes are delivered flat and take up about 85% less space than unpacked foam boxes.
- More Product Per Pallet: The outer dimension of our box is smaller than foam and designed to hold the same amount of product allowing for space savings and shipping efficiencies of approximately 20 – 30%.
- Temperature: According to The Sea Fish Industry Authority, “Where fish is distributed in a controlled distribution chain, it would be beneficial to use boxes with less insulation, to allow chill temperatures to influence product temperatures.” Therefore, products in a CoolSeal box will achieve temperature faster that foam, resulting in improved product quality and shelf life.
- Durability: CoolSeal boxes will bend, not break … our customers will have the benefit of no bead contamination from foam.
- Hygienic: Our boxes are safe for direct food contact and have proprietary SEALED EDGE TECHNOLOGY that reduces the potential for bacterial contamination.
- 100% Recyclable: CoolSeal boxes are PP5 recyclable, thus reducing the disposal cost for customers.
CoolSeal packaging solutions are very well suited to any wet environment:
“Where fish is distributed in a controlled distribution chain, it would be beneficial to use boxes with less insulation, to better allow chill temperatures to influence product temperatures."
- The Sea Fish Industry Authority
Our SEALED EDGE makes a difference! Download our Sealed Edge PDF by clicking the photo to the right, or click here to view our other product information PDFs!
What sets our fresh seafood packaging apart from others? Our SEALED EDGE makes a difference!
Corrugated polypropylene material achieves temperature faster, improving product quality and shelf life.
Our fresh food packaging is certified safe for direct food contact.
Made in the USA and produced in a zero-waste facility in Perrysburg, Ohio.
Our seafood packaging reduces the potential for bacterial contamination because of our proprietary sealed edge technology.
Polypropylene material does not absorb water and will not break down in shipping or storage.
100% Recyclable and Eco-Friendly.
Our proprietary sealed edge technology increases thermal properties to keep food fresher longer during shipping.
Our fresh food packaging is leak proof, strong and extremely durable.
Save on freight shipping with 30% more product per pallet than our bulky competitors.
Custom printed packaging available to distinguish your products from others.
More hygienic packaging with CoolSeal’s Heat Sealed Edge.
Delivered flat, pre-folded and packed in bundles minimizing storage and delivery costs with our lighter and less bulky seafood boxes.
Easy erect designs built in one simple movement.
Minimize storage costs by up to 85% with our flat packed design.
Speed up packing with more fish shipping boxes available on-demand at packing line.
Residual value of 100% recyclable material.
Eliminate styrofoam bead contamination of your facility & drain cleaning expenses.
Commonly Used For – The shipment of not only proteins (seafood, meat and poultry) but for a variety of produce and most importantly any product shipped in a wet or fiber free environment.
Shipping Properties – Fiber free, leakproof, stackable.
CoolSeal Fish Box vs. Waxed – Completely recyclable, Impervious to moisture, others might say that their materials can in fact be recycled, but ours actually can.
Why Commercial Applications Choose Us – Dependable, proven over the last 30 years in Europe, they see the benefits to their facility and their customers and set themselves apart. Our boxes are least disruptive to the processes that they have in place.
Printing And Brand Opportunities
Custom Printing Options
High Speed, In-Line Flexographic UV printing
Multi-Color Screen Printing
To make our packaging fit for purpose, there are also multiple packaging options. These include pop-up boxes which reduce transport space and therefore costs. Drainage boxes, for draining meltwater while on the move. And leakproof boxes, which are ideal for air freight transportation. These boxes are completely watertight, trapping everything inside the box for clean and efficient delivery.
Shellfish (Clams, Muscles & Oysters)
We also provide cost effective packaging solutions for fresh shellfish. Find out more about our 100% recyclable seafood boxes
Click Image to Download PDF